We are what we repeatedly do. So excellence is not an act, it is a habit.
You don’t have to go far these days, to see a marketing campaign promoting a business claiming to be conscious, spiritually conscious, or spiritually aware, or a compilation of the three. Personally, I am thrilled to see this movement in consciousness and support it fully, but, at the same time, I believe it’s crucial to really get what that means.
From my perspective, a conscious business is an extension of you. In other words, YOU are your business. As the creator , it is your ideas, thoughts, feelings, beliefs that shape it. It has nothing to do with religion or using specific verbiage because you think or someone told you that everyone else does.
The conscious entrepreneur is conscious or awake to the fact that you are creating your own reality and, indeed, your business with each breath and each thought you have, and you utilize some degree of understanding the laws of the universe and the way it works.
- Honesty. Being honest with yourself and being responsible for your thoughts and actions is, to me, one of the most healing things you can do for yourself. You are what you think, after all. Without it, your mind will be muddled, you will attract those things you do not desire, and healing of your life, body or relationships can not happen. Honesty is freeing.
- Love what you do. Is your business your heart’s desire or do you dream about doing something else? It’s VITAL that you are aligned with your passion or what gives you the most joy.
- You are more important than your business. That’s something to think about isn’t it? As a recovering workaholic nurse, who took care of everyone but me for years, I cannot say enough about this, except, without you, there is no business. Workaholics are running from something that is causing them emotional pain. Take excellent care of yourself. Love yourself. You are so worth it.
- Abundance vs. dollar mentality. The universe is unlimited in the ways it can bring you what you need. Unlimited. The old mindset of needing so many clients for so many hours to make a certain amount of money is so limiting. Focus, placed on abundance, attracting your ideal clients, and your acceptance that the universe will bring what you need in the best way for you, will provide unlimited potential and excellent results.
- Gratitude. There is nothing wrong with wanting more than what you have right this second. Not a thing. But let me ask you, are you grateful for what you have right now? Do you love the five one dollar bills that lie alone in your wallet or do you look at them with disgust and begin negative self talk because the world is against you? Gratitude is key to abundance. Be grateful for what you have. Don’t obsess over what you don’t have. See what happens.
- You are joyful in this moment. Of course, we all have challenges that result in short periods of sadness, but are you a person who is happy now? Or, are you waiting for more money, a mate, a new job, a specific goal to manifest before you can be happy and truly experience joy?
These are a few of the most important traits of a conscious entrepreneur. Fortunately, we are gifted with the knowledge that no one is perfect. We are all on the same journey. We each have our individual challenges and travel at our own speed. Hopefully, we support each other and reach out to those who are being challenged. To me, consciousness allows me true free will. Be well.
EXERCISES: For the next 21 days, really listen to the thoughts in your head and the words you speak. In your journal, create a section for “thoughts” and another for “words”. What does it reveal? We would love to hear from you.
post courtesy of: